Dandruff on the scalp can affect the appearance, beauty and health of the hair. It is a very common imperfection that many people try to eliminate. In fact, it causes severe discomfort due to the presence of the typical white flakes in the hair and on the clothes. This is why it is important to reduce triggers and combine the necessary anti-dandruff treatments.
We have extensively covered the subject of dandruff in the Treatments section. We remind that dandruff, or pityriasis, manifests itself with an intense flaking, itching and general inflammation of the scalp. It is made up of white scales of dead skin that detach from the scalp.
| Causes of dandruff
Dandruff is usually caused by:
- Overgrowth of a fungus called Malassezia furfur (or Pityrosporum). This microorganism feeds on sebum and hydrolyzes it, producing irritating fats.
- Stress: it can trigger the mechanisms underlying the formation of dandruff or accentuate its manifestation.
- Poor diet: excess fat or excessive alcoholic drinks can make dandruff worse.
- Dry or oily skin are two conditions that favor the appearance of dandruff. Dry environments can cause skin irritation. In the second case, dandruff appears in the presence of seborrheic dermatitis.
- Psoriasis favors the appearance of dandruff.
- Finally, an irritant contact dermatitis can trigger dandruff. Contact dermatitis is caused by irritation or sensitivity to hair care products.
| Treatments and products for hair with dandruff
The anti-dandruff treatment consists mainly of specific anti-dandruff shampoos and anti-dandruff lotions whose main function is to eliminate dandruff by counteracting microbial proliferation and creating an environment hostile to the reformation of dandruff itself.
The team of dott.solari is at your complete disposal. For any request you can fill out the form you find in this section and you will be contacted as soon as possible by our staff. Alternatively you can contact us at +390377.57613 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org